crash rash

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Tue Feb 10 01:13:00 EST 2004

Chipp,

     Thanks for your suggestion which made me aware of a possible source
of my troubles. I tried it yet, alas, it doesn't work in my case. Somehow
I have to assume that Rev is having serious problems with Chinese. I had
situations were I changed the font size in a field and then "undo" -the
application quits; add a character in a field or select the text from a
certain point to the end and try to cut it -I had to fore quit; etc. etc.
 Fortunately, one begins to gain painful experiences. It seems, for
example, that one has to add a hard break within the text before the
point up to which one wants to delete text in order to avoid crashes...

     But then, things are happening not necessarily in perfectly regular
manner and not every crash case can be traced back to Chinese text in
fields only. Let's say I open Rev, go to my file via the menu, save as
and then touch the menubar -unexpected quit. What I am forced to do now
is to copy the file in the folder and then rename it before opening it.
At least it will save me the troubles of quitting or force quitting but I
can hardly imagine that this is the way Rev is supposed to function.

Fritz