Window resizing before open?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Feb 9 10:01:52 EST 2004

>All of my windows want to resize themselves smaller when they open,
>and so I've taken to resetting the height on preOpenStack, and
>because that doesn't always work,

Frank,

On Mac platforms at least, there are two things one should NOT do in
preOpenStack: (1.)  Reference a stack menu control and (2) set stack
height.

The engine activates stack menus somewhere in the transition between
preOpenStack & openStack; so unless you address a menu button as a
button control, it is unknown to the engine at preOpenStack...or
worse yet, the menus .

An ancillary effect of this is that any stack height settings done in
preOpenStack are changed when the menus are activated on Mac OS.

So keep stack height changes out of preOpen handlers (or don't use
menus), and if you must address menus in preOpenStack, address them
as buttons, not menus.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company