Window resizing before open?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Feb 9 10:31:15 EST 2004

Hi,

I seem to recall a discussion a month or so ago about how to set a
window's size before it opens -- but I can't find it via Google.

All of my windows want to resize themselves smaller when they open, and
so I've taken to resetting the height on preOpenStack, and because that
doesn't always work, in openStack as well.  But this can cause a flash
as the if the resize happens after it becomes visible.

Can someone enlighten me about the best way to resize a window before
it becomes visible?

Thanks,
-- Frank