Klingon scripting code revolution

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Mon Feb 9 05:37:34 EST 2004

While you all debate the pros and con of win/mac/lin and the rest...

Top 12 Things A Klingon Programmer Would Say
12.     Specifications are for the weak and timid!
11.     This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to
do battle with this code!
10.     You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original
Klingon.
9.      Indentation?! -- I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
8.      What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'.
Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in its wake.
7.      Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' -- they have 'arguments'
-- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
6.      Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
5.      I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a Bat-Leth contest.
They will not concern us again.
4.      A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!
3.      By filing this SPR you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to
die!
2.      You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!

1.      Our users will know fear and cower before our software. Ship it! Ship it,
and let them flee like the dogs they are!

Cheerios
Xavier

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER