I need a little help on ASP files

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 9 02:17:53 EST 2004

Below I pasted a piece of a .asp file off the web. I don't know but I
think the <!--display quote--> is a tag but am not sure if it is xml or
what.
What I want to do is capture just that part and add some code to it to
better format the page. right now the <!--display paragraphs--> run
together and I want to separate them. Right now they display but not
very nice. There are no graphics and the page is generated daily. I
need to know how best to handle this and what file type the .asp is????

So, if they are xml then can I use rev to parse the info????
If not then is my best bet to just search/offset the info and write my
own html for use in rev???

This is from a daily generated quote from another private website and I
want to create a floating window on the computer that displays their
quotes in it and maybe clean it up a bit and make it look nice. If I am
successful I will be donating it to them for their own
distribution/downloading. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Tom
snip --------
<hr width="100%">

<!-- display quote -->

<i>"When we accept ourselves, we can accept others into our lives,
unconditionally probably for the first time"</i></p>

<!-- display source -->

<b><font size=+1>

    <!--display paragraphs-->

belonged. No matter how big the gathering, we always felt apart from
the crowd. We had a hard time "fitting in:' Deep down, we believed that
if we really let others get to know us, they would reject us.  </p>

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102