mission critical apps; was Re: cross platform ide

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Feb 8 20:35:33 EST 2004

Howdy,

> Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 07:07:27 -0700
> From: Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net>
> Subject: Re: mission critical apps; was Re: cross platform ide

> So Alex, the bottom line is Transcript gives the developer more
> options and more options = more opportunity for developer error?
>
> If the intended objet does not receive the message, the programmer screwed up.
------------
Fascinating thread....at least for a boneheaded arty type like me (I am
always learning), but the above makes sense.

If it simply has to get there overnight (Oh, wait, that's someone else's
slogan ;-)), I simply close off everything else in the hierarchy by leaving
nil or kill messages in the path, and using unique names and ID's. The
message --> the object. The message is now on a rail, can't go anywhere
else.

I admit, the models I use are much more simplistic than you fellers seem to
be describing, but I never had one miss or get lost if I did it like I
described.

My $0.0000000002

Ken N.