text display - language problem

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sun Feb 8 11:49:25 EST 2004

  Keiji Goto wrote to sims the other day:

>My name is Keiji Goto, a professional writer, writing
>books and articles for various Japanese magazines.
<snip>
>but currently the program does
>not display Japanese characters properly. I can
>enter Japanese characters all right
<snip>
>As is, not capable of handling Japanese
>characters properly, I cannot review the program
>and I think it is too pity that Japanese Mac users
>cannot use your program and also your program
should deserve more exposure in Japan too.

Keiji is referring to one of my shareware apps, I'd like to be making
income from Japan also but he has a problem with text display.

Keiji can enter Japanese characters into fields in my app but that data
gets saved in a user property. Upon opening, the app takes data from
user properties and then populates the fields (the user clicks a scrollingList
fld to select the data he/she wants displayed).

How can I get that data (from a user prop) to display in a fld in any
language? If they input English then English, Japanese then Japanese, French
then French.  Help!

atb

sims