Tagging certain objects with contact, copyright, etc

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Feb 7 21:32:04 EST 2004

>On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 03:07 PM, Rob Cozens wrote:
>
>>As to the About window control, if you are providing a tool for
>>others to use, try to keep it as flexible as possible.  I present
>>About info in different ways in different stacks, from the
>>traditional About field + RR logo to moving banner text + logo in
>>the prompt field.
>
>Since a library would be used by developers and not end users except
>tinkering users, then it may not need much.  I would suppose some
>libraries are never opened, so such an about box might never get
>seen.
>
>Dar

That's right. If my product uses somebody else's library, I
should/could include a mention of it in my About box but otherwise it
should not be (in typical program) explicitely visible to the end
user. However, as someone said in another email in this thread, as a
developer, I want to see more info, description, examples etc. Since
in library only the stack scripts are the true library, the cards can
be easily used for that documentation, examples, etc. If I use the
library as library, I just 'start using' it. If I want to see more, I
just 'go to' it. No need for custom properties or special conventions.

my 2 cents.

Robert