The Bitstream VERA font, the first truely crossplatform solution

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 7 11:48:21 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 07:47 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> just installed them here on OS X and they look great, even in 9 pt on a
> 1600*1200 screen :-)
>
> Will have to test on windows tomorrow...
> I MUST see before i believe ;-)

If anybody reports that these look the same, I'll run my
formattedHeight and formattedWidth tests.

If there are differences, maybe we should look carefully, pixel by
pixel, at how fonts look on other applications compared to Revolution
on the same platform.  My tests have been Revolution to Revolution on
different platforms.

If any font experts or anybody who stumbled on something that works
could give some step-by-step advice in setting this up on particular
platforms, that would be great.  My brain is not working well this
morning and the jelly shudders at thinking.

Any other candidates?

Dar Scott