Labels and labeled Fields

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Feb 6 03:14:43 EST 2004

At 1:20 PM -0700 2/3/04, Dar Scott wrote:
>I find that setting up label fields and (more so) data fields with
>associated label fields to be very tedious.  Ideas?  Perhaps I am
>doing all this the hard way.

Somewhere in Bugzilla, there's a feature request to turn on the label
property for fields. (Right now it exists and can be set, but it
doesn't do anything.)

My idea was that if the field's height is less than two lines, the
label is placed to the left of the field; otherwise, it's placed at
the top, aligned with the left. That should take care of the most
common cases, I think.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com