Compression and Decompression of multiple files

Thomas Hampson t.hampson at x2digital.net
Fri Feb 6 11:44:01 EST 2004

I have been able to compress single files into a gzip compression
archive however I need a way of compressing the contents of more than
one file (for example, the entire contents of a folder or a even as much
as a drive). All these files need to be compressed into a single gzip
archive so that they can ALL be decompressed using revolution later.

I have tried many ways and means to get this to work, everything from
separating filenames with commas, using the & and even compressing two
files using separate lines to the same gzip archive, eg.:

Compress (URL ("binfile:" & "c:\test\test.txt")) into URL
("binfile:c:\test\testzip.gz")
Compress (URL ("binfile:" & "c:\test\test2.txt")) into URL
("binfile:c:\test\testzip.gz")

Yet this does not work either.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how revolution could compress the files
and subfolders of a folder?

Kind Regards,
X2