Let Rev's Light Shine...or Watch It Go Out

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 6 11:08:29 EST 2004

Rob Cozens wrote:

>> I won't join the doomsayers in suggesting that the technology
>> hinges on a logo in my About box (however flattering that may be)
>
> Richard, et al:
>
> If that's all that people came away from my post with, I failed to
> state my case properly.

That line was my attempt at using hyperbole for humor.  Admittedly weak and
perhaps clumsy.  Thanks for being gracious (as usual, always the gentleman).

> Bottom line:  I contend that identifying one's project as made with
> Run Rev and challenging gross misstatements in the press will do more
> to promote the long-term success of Runtime Revolution that than
> trying to hide the fact that one used RunRev to created one's product
> and shrugging one's shoulders when the critics misspeak.

Agreed, but how many About boxes have you seen where the author hasn't
included the required copyright notice for Rev?

Even better for reviewers will be a revised Applications Gallery page with
screen shots and the addition of a Case Studies page describing how Rev's
unbeatable ROI contributed to the profitability of world-class apps.

A reviewer may never stumble across my product's About box, but will visit
RunRev.com.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation