Port Question

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Feb 6 00:52:51 EST 2004

This is called IP Tunneling. You can designate your outside world IP
to map any port number to any one local IP number/machine. This is
done with the router software. On Lynksys and many other routers they
are web based.

Different port numbers can go to one machine or several, but only one
port of that number can be seen by the outside world, where the
router looks like one computer. In other words, you can only have one
default numbered http server, one ftp server, one real server, etc
that is visible to the outside world.

sqb