Where goes stacks, included stacks and externals? (was Dialogsinlibrary organization)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Feb 5 19:07:53 EST 2004

On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 04:22 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> This is where I think your making things complicated for yourself. Why
> not
> put all your stacks in the MacOS folder?

I'm trying to be willing.

I guess that willfully going against Apple recommendations is being
obnoxious and unfriendly.  In other discussion on this list we saw how
Adobe bundle layout was causing trouble.  That is a black mark against
Adobe.  Some of the things I do are, um, ah, creative.  I wouldn't want
those confused with just being contrary.

Besides, isn't putting all the stacks in the MacOS folder contrary to
the notion of making the delivery stack organization the same as the
development organization?  What if the development organization is not
flat?

You have not complained about externals going into
myapp.app/Contents/PlugIns, at least for the app stack.  Are you
thinking these should go into MacOS, too?

Dar Scott