Dialogs in library organization

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 4 20:59:19 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 04:50 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> It seems that _in general_ the Distribution Builder cannot create a
>> single monolithic application.  It can take only one stack file and
>> create an application.  However, it can move over the other stack
>> files
>> and set some properties appropriately.  Fortunately, on OS X, the
>> stacks are put down inside the application bundle, so the result looks
>> effectively monolithic.  (I don't understand the rationale for the
>> particular folder, but that is a separate issue.)  However, on
>> Windows,
>> all stack files other than that of the primary stack file are outside
>> the application.
>
> This is a correct assesment of the situation. I'm not sure how you
> could
> create a single executable file from multiple stack files and retain
> your
> original message path. Perhaps if a standalone had it's own emulated
> directory structure but I doubt that would ever happen.

I wasn't sure either, but I got the impression the DB somehow did it.
There is no indication that it does not.

I pictured that it would contain all the stacks with the mainStack and
subStacks values intact and there was some special pointer or something
to the primary mainstack.  Those runrev folks are pretty smart, so I
figured they figured it out.

Then I got a clue that a standalone was as stackfile...

Dar Scott