Library stack organization and standalones

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 4 18:44:42 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 01:25 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> It seems to me (and forgive me if I'm oversimplifying), you just load
> library stacks like any other. And then start using them.

In the schema that you use, this makes sense.

Most of my apps are not fetched online.  Even so, just 'start using' is
fine when using stacks in external stack files.  This works in almost
all cases.

However, some applications need to be monolithic.  I can't have
associated files.

> In my case, I doubt I
> would ever want to 'start using' a substack (outside the Main stack
> substacks, which I do on occasion).

Well, if a system of stack files must be flattened to one, then
libraries would be stack files.

I don't think I'm making one part clear.  I 'am' using external stack
files for libraries.  That works.  I'm just not downloading them.  All
that works.  (No doubt I'm doing something the hard way in referring to
them, but that would be another issue.)

In addition, I want to make monolithic applications.

Dar Scott