Dialogs in library organization

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Feb 4 17:10:23 EST 2004

>I must say, the prospect of being able to update the operation of
>every Revolution standalone on every workstation on the network by
>changing a single handler & resource library stack on one
>workstation excites me.

Taking this one step farther, couldn't all stacks that don't need to
maintain runtime changes to data load from a single copy used by
every workstation?

Imagine setting up a 15 workstation installation:

* Copy a splash screen standalone to 15 workstations.
* Install the database files, server app, and all remaining files on
a 16th workstation.

Better yet, imagine installing a new update at this client installation:

* Replace one copy of each changed stack or file on the 16th workstation!!!

Andy's right: this makes supporting a large number of users over a
network a very unambitious goal, don't you think?       :{`)
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company