Rev Review

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Feb 4 13:16:44 EST 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> I hope you don't mind me being blunt, but that page is quite poorly
> laid out (as, I'm sorry to say, is the rest of the RR web site).

Have to agree. Many months ago runrev said they were hiring a web
developer to redesign the website.

I would remove the cross-sell link to Ten Thumbs typing tutor in "Other
Products". I donnow- it just seems amateurish to imagine a programmer
with "ten thumbs". What, does the Runrev IDE correct typing errors too?
;-)

>  So, RR might consider dropping support for some or all of the
> UNIX/Linux variants if they're finding that supporting all these
> platforms is causing problems getting the next version for their
> primary platforms (Mac and Windows) out the door.

It's a tough issue. There are some Linux users on the list. But instead
of Runrev trimming the list of official available platforms, what's
happening in practice is they are poorly supported: one poster to this
list every month or so begs for a SGI IRIX Rev engine which he has been
trying to locate for a long time. Don't know if it's the same for the
other UNIX platforms.

Not sure, but I think metacard used to be developed on Linux. So
building the engine for UNIX should not be a major hurdle. The number
of platforms available is one of Runrev's most unique features! So I
hope they never trim the list of platforms supported.

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com