Rev Review

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Feb 4 09:34:50 EST 2004

>Andy Ihnatko's review is generally positive in a post-Hypercard way
>although I personally disagree with his closing comment: "Just don't
>imagine that you'll be able to build the ambitious programs you can
>turn out in RealBasic and Xcode".

David, et al:

This is just one more reason I don't miss Macworld since I let my
subscription expire.

If Andy's statement began a paragraph followed by reasoning that
substantiated (or at least explained) his assertion, I could
understand the basis for that comment and respond accordingly.  As an
unsubstantiated closing statement of opinion, it's BS....not to
mention so untrue as to show Andy's total lack of understanding of
the capabilities of Revolution.

I believe that, should the RunRev community wish to challenge Andy's
statements and engage him in a dialog, we could easily demonstrate he
is wrong.  However, I'm not going to push it: I've got too many irons
in the fire to assume the quixotic task of educating a software
reviewer for a hobbyist magazine.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company