Library stack organization and standalones

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 4 04:02:10 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 01:54 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> When you try top include a stack with substacks in a
> distribution, the Distribution Builder will not
> include it in the standalone, it just mocks around
> with the stackFiles to make sure the standalone can
> find it.

Then I'll have to write a script to take the stacks and make one stack
file?  I could test that one stack file.  It sure makes a mess of
development.

It seems that the Distribution Builder is optimized around an
organization like Chipp's applications, but can only work for simple
monolithic apps, then.

I would have preferred to use libraries and then include them in a big
standalone without fooling with them.

Earlier, when building apps that loaded stacks, I didn't realize I was
actually getting around a limitation.

Dar Scott