Changing the clickLine

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 03:37:35 EST 2004

--- "Gardner, Joseph A" <joe.gardner at nwa.com> wrote:
> Jacque et. al, I dived into the "selectionChanged"
> quagmire and the first thing I found in the docs was
> "The selectionChanged message is not sent if the
> user uses the arrow keys to change the selection."
> Ouch! The weird thing is that the selected line in
> the field does move up and down with the arrows (a
> result of the textKeys being "true"), but no action
> is done on the files so named in the field. So I'm
> now investigating the "rawKeyUp" message in hopes it
> will lead me to the solution I'm looking for.
>
> OTOH, I've really simplified my code quite a bit
> using "selectionChanged". Richard was right; once I
> unlearned a bit, it actually came easily. Fear not,
> I'm _really_ loving Rev (bugs and all)!
>
> joe.

Hi Joe,

There is a simple way of getting around the built-in
limitation that the arrowkeys don't trigger the
selectionChanged handler :
--
on arrowKey pDirection
  send "selectionChanged" to me in 10 milliseconds

If you have a lot of lines, this constanht refrssh of
data can hurt performance, but I've explained aq
solution to that on the Revolution Documentation WIKI.
Link :
<http://www.macitworks.com:8080/revdocs>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.