Changing the clickLine

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 4 00:02:03 EST 2004

On 2/3/04 9:51 PM, Gardner, Joseph A wrote:

> The field I have created has traversalOn set to "true"
> and lockText also set to "true". What I really need is to get the
> up/down arrow keys to change the clickLine and then simulate a mouse
> click at the clickLine location.

The magic word, as Richard mentioned, is "selectionChanged". You get
that message whether the user clicks in a field or uses the arrow keys
to navigate it (provided traversalOn is true.) Trap it with a handler.
Within the handler, check the value of the hilitedline, and you are in.

on selectionChanged
  put line (the hilitedline of me) of me into theTextValue
  -- go from here
end selectionChanged

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com