http password

Zac Elston zelston at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 18:09:46 EST 2004

looks like my problem is with the standalone unix version not the gui
version.

i was trying to write a script to do some cgi queries from different
info systems we have that don't talk to each other so I was basically
hitting URL 1 , scrapping the info , then hitting url 2 with info from
the scrape then hitting url 3 for the final parse.

checking the urlstatus always returned empty and with liburlerrordata
the script refused to run

I was able to verify my access to the cgi using "wget url" on the unix
cli, so I know the url is formatted correctly.

after 3 hours debuggin this with various get/load/while urlstatus
settings i tried a simple get in the windows version and it loaded
perfectly the first time.  so now it's a windows tool, instead of a unix
shell script which outta make a lot of people here not want to use it :)

anyone confirm different liburl versions in the standalones?  I
downloaded the newest standalone a few days ago.

thanks
-zac