PreceptorTools now freeware

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Tue Feb 3 16:32:45 EST 2004

Hi all,

PreceptorTools version 1.0.5 is now available for download.

Download v 1.0.5 here:  http://www.messimercomputing.com/pTDnLoads.html

I have decided to release this version as Freeware. If you are an
educator or a trainer or a hobbyist you can now use preceptorTools free
of charge. Here's the deal.  You can use preceptorTools to make any
number of learning modules and these can be distributed to anyone as
long as no money changes hands.  If you are a corporate trainer and you
want you use this to build learning modules to use in-house that is
acceptable use as well as long as no money changes hands.
PreceptorTools cannot be used to build products that you sell to
others.  The above applies only to preceptorTools.  Your rights of
distribution may differ depending on the class of Revolution™ license
you have purchased. If you have questions about that contact the folks
at Runtime Revolution.

If you are part of a teaching institution all you need to do is
register a single copy then you can place as many copies on as many
machines as you desire.  Before you get all excited remember that you
have to have a copy of Revolution running on each machine to use this
product.

To register your copy send an email tome at this address:
ptlicense at messimercomputing.com

I will send you your registration strings as soon as I can.

I will be unable to provide email or phone support but there is
extensive help available at the messimer computing website.

Windows users:  I have not been able to test this with Windows.  I
think that I have fixed most of the windows related problems but
without a PC I don't think this is going to get done.  Sorry.

PreceptorTools has devolved from a potential commercial venture to a
hobby so while I will continue to work on it there is no fixed schedule
for upgrades or bug fixes.  That said I do have a development plan in
mind.  How fast that is implemented depends on the time I have
available.

The 1.0.5 download has a 30 day limit as before.  All you have to do to
remove this is to register by sending me your name and organization
information.  This is required to build your registration string.  I
will not use that information in any other way.

What's new in 1.0.5.

the newest thing is a revamp of the main preceptorTools UI.  I had a
lot of fun doing that.  If folks like that I have  a makeover ready for
the Object toolkits stack that is very similar in concept. :-)

Finally, if you do use PreceptorTools and you have comments I would
love to hear from you.

Regards to all.

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
http://www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
version 1.0.5 available Now!