Labels and labeled Fields

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 16:12:41 EST 2004

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 3, 2004, at 01:49 PM, Jan
> Schenkel wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately it uses the 'name' property which
> makes
> > it hard to use in a multi-lingual environment, but
> > maybe the concept could be revived and extended to
> > other objects, such as fields.
>
> One problem is that there are now two sets of field
> properties to
> address somehow.
>
> However, 80% of my needs are for personal or
> throw-away or experimental
> code, and I wouldn't mind some default values for
> the name display
> "properties".  Even a default relative location
> would be fine for
> those.  And even just the name would be great, but
> following the label
> property of the field would be good, too.
>
> How about with what we have?  Groups?  If not, some
> way to make a label
> follow the name and location of the field?
>
> How about help from the IDE?
>
> Or maybe there is already some shortcut that I'm
> missing.
>
> Dar Scott

A group would work, of course ; as long as you're one
of those people who likes to work with 'Select grouped
controls' turned off ;-)

Otherwise you could make a nice object out of it to
store in your Object Library ; and accompany it with a
frontScript that handles the 'moveControl' command by
checking if the control you're moving is a field that
happens to have a uLabelLinkedField custom property
and moving it accordingly.

Jan Schenkel.

=====