http password

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 15:27:37 EST 2004

"http://username:password@hostname/path/file.pl?var1=foo

> when using this url in a browser, it works
>
> when using "Get URL myquery" i get empty.
>
> even "get URL urlencode(myquery)" returns empty.
>
> what's the trick to getting this to work?
>
> thanks
> -zav

Hi Zac,

The best way to figure out why http and ftp things
don't give the desired result, is to log their actions
to a field and see what's missing ; see the Transcript
Dictionary entry for the 'libURLSetLogField' command.
Example :
--
  libURLSetLogField the long ID of field "log"
  get URL tURL

It is possible that the server is using some form of
authentication that is stored in the httpHeaders --
checking the log should point that out.

As a side-note : it isn't necessary to URLencode the
entire URL -- just make sure the username and password
are encoded before stringing together the URL.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====