Rev Example Database Build for Linux

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 11:12:21 EST 2004

--- Bojsza <gbojsza at mac.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build the example database from the
> Rev tutorial to run
> as a standalone for Linux.The Splash screen comes up
> , followed by the
> Welcome screen where I can open and existing
> database or create a new
> database...after either one of the selections the
> Welcome Screen closes
> but the Employee database screen does not appear. I
> check and the
> application process is still running so I kill it
> manually.
>
> The Build works fine for OSX.
>
> Any thoughts on Linux builds?
>
> thanks,
>
> Glen

Hi Glen,

This is a long shot, but it could be that the stack is
somewhere off-screen. Could you add the following line
to the 'openStack' handler of your splash screen :
--
  answer the windowBoundingRect
--

If any of the numbers in the windowBoundingRect is
negative, there's a good chance the new stack is

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====