use-revolution Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

Martin Baxter martin at harbourtown.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 10:50:10 EST 2004

>I'd like to chime in for a second, as Martin is
>correct in assuming that this runs off into an
>infinite loop : if the substack doesn't have an
>iconifyStack handler of its own, the mainstack will
>get the same message again.
>So the solution is probably along the lines of :
>--
>local sBusyIconifying
>on iconifyStack
>  -- exit if we're already iconifying
>  if sBusyIconifying is true
>  then exit iconifyStack
>  else put true into sBusyIconifying
>  -- now that we've set the flag
>  -- proceed by iconifying the other stacks
>  put the openstacks into tvar
>  put the short name of this stack into myname
>  repeat for each line i in tvar
>    if i <> myname then
>      set the iconic of stack i to true
>    end if
>  end repeat
>  -- clear the flag again for next time
>  put false into sBusyIconfying
>end iconifystack
>--
>
>Hipe this helped,
>
>Jan Schenkel.

I also thought at first this would be true, but on investigation it seems
that iconifyStack and uniconifyStack are only sent when the *user*
minimises/maximises, and not when a script sets the iconic property.

So theoretically I think it ought to be safe just to set the iconic
property of each of the openstacks, without any of the anti-recursion stuff.

Martin