Has anyone ever used the iconifyStack and unIconifyStack

Martin Baxter martin at harbourtown.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 03:57:21 EST 2004

> Thomas McGrath III wrote
>I want the main stack and it's substacks to minimize when one of them
>is minimized.
>The user may minimize either the main stack and then it's substacks
>that are open will minimize OR they may minimize a substack and the
>main stack & other substacks will minimize.
>
>I can't seem to figure it out.

>1. the dock shows multiple stacks minimized. Any way around that?

Don't know

>2. the iconifyStack message does not send ?? in 30 mills
>3. the uniconifyStack does not send to the other minimized stacks

It looks like you are treating uniconifyStack / iconifyStack messages as if
they were commands, but they are only event notification messages that the
system sends and don't really do anything.
Try setting the iconic property instead.
"set the iconic of stack "whatever" to false/true"
To minimise or maximise a stack

so: (untested - and off the top of my head)

on iconifyStack
  put the openstacks into tvar
  put the short name of this stack into myname
  repeat for each line i in tvar
    if i <> myname then
      set the iconic of stack i to true
    end if
  end repeat
end iconifystack

might do what you want

>4. the system seems to hang up and I have to force quit.
Perhaps your script is calling itself recursively. Hence in the script
above the check for the name of the current stack

HTH Martin