win32 topstack problem

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Feb 2 14:35:01 EST 2004

Has anyone see problem similar to this?

Background:

I navigate between mainstack and substack by this code:

	go card x of stack "sub" as toplevel -- a substack
	hide me -- the mainstack

(I hide the previous stack *afte*r opening the next stack so there is
no empty space flashing between stacks. Also using "go ... in the
window of ..." is not an option at this point- I would have to rewrite
too much code.)

In the preOpenStack card handler of stack "sub", a script runs this
code:

	send xxxxyyyy to the current card of the topstack

(The script is run by an external XCMD, if that matters.)

Here is the problem:

On Mac OS X, the message xxxxyyyy is sent to card x of stack "sub"
On Win32, the message xxxxyyyy is sent to somewhere else, I guess to
the current card of the  mainstack. Here is a workaround:

	go card x of stack "sub" as toplevel -- a substack
	wait 1 tick with messages -- wait for "topstack" to be correct
	hide me -- the mainstack

So it seems there is some kind of race condition where "the topstack"
is not necessarily known?

Thanks for any thoughts or bugzilla #'s.
I haven't isolated this to a specific recipe, or even know if it's
something I'm causing myself but thought I would ask.

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com