Quicktime in Windows: best way to go?

opus.species at wanadoo.fr opus.species at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 2 09:20:09 EST 2004

> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:48:58 -0800 (PST)
> From: erik hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Quicktime in Windows: best way to go?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> is Quicktime in Windows the best way to go
> for crossplatform apps? Windows only apps?

Quicktime is a good solution for cross platform apps
*IF* you dont need Linux
*IF* your users have administrative rights on their computer (Quicktime is
not installed by default on Windows computers)
*IF* Apple do not change his license policy of Quicktime suddenly (already
happens few years ago)

I used Quicktime for Windows apps succesfully for Point of Informations,
but i had nightmares with widely distributed CD-ROM because my end-users
didn't know how to install Quicktime, or where not allowed to do it or
there was some failure in the installation process.

For windows only apps DirectX is a much better solution, but unfortunately
not supported yet by revolution.

It would be very fine if Revolution could support natively the Flash
Player, because the flash player displays very well sounds, vector graphic
animation and digital video and is avalaible on Mac, Windows and Linux.

Claude Lemmel