Going crazy with closing a stack

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 1 21:20:44 EST 2004

On Feb 1, 2004, at 9:05 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:

> I don't see how there could possibly be. This is a substack and inside
> the
> substack's script there is the closeStack handler.

Doug, that was exactly what I had. A closeStack in a substack that I
wanted to work when I closed the substack but instead I "think" the
main stack was grabbing the closeStack and not the substack even though
the closestack  message was 'local' to the substack.

It is like it goes down to the mainstack 'before' it can get to the
substack which 'seems' like it should be received before the mainstack
gets it.

I wish that there was a closeSubStack handler that would work locally
from the substack it is in. I could really make use of that.

Instead, in my main stack's closeStack I had to do a lot of name
handling:
in main stack
on closeStack
if the name of this stack is "Main whatever" then
--do main stack stuff
else
--do substack stuff
end if