Going crazy with closing a stack

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Feb 1 12:54:36 EST 2004

>When I close a stack in which the video grabber is embedded, I am trying to
>clean up as follows:
>
>on closeStack
>   global recordvideo
>   answer "closing stack " & the short name of this stack
>   put false into recordvideo
>   revCloseVideoGrabber
>end closeStack
>
>Putting false into recordvideo should stop the repeat loop needed for QT, as
>per the sample stack and docs. revCloseVideoGrabber should close the video
>grabber. The answer command should at least acknowledge that the stack is
>being closed.
>
>BUT... even if I close the stack manually, the answer dialog doesn't even
>appear.
>
>The closeStack handler is just not being called. And it is a handler local
>to the stack itself!
>
>What might block the closeStack message from being sent to this stack
>handler?
>
>Thanks,
>
>doug

I believe that the closeStack is sent as expected. However, the
engine is closing fast and the dialog is not showing up. It is known
that it does not wait for dialogs at that stage. If you want to pop a
dialog, use the closeStackRequest. JUst make sure to pass it or the
stack will never close.

Robert Brenstein