Going crazy with closing a stack

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Sun Feb 1 11:17:57 EST 2004

When I close a stack in which the video grabber is embedded, I am trying to
clean up as follows:

on closeStack
  global recordvideo
  answer "closing stack " & the short name of this stack
  put false into recordvideo
  revCloseVideoGrabber
end closeStack

Putting false into recordvideo should stop the repeat loop needed for QT, as
per the sample stack and docs. revCloseVideoGrabber should close the video
grabber. The answer command should at least acknowledge that the stack is
being closed.

BUT... even if I close the stack manually, the answer dialog doesn't even
appear.

The closeStack handler is just not being called. And it is a handler local
to the stack itself!

What might block the closeStack message from being sent to this stack
handler?

Thanks,

doug