find

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 03:29:11 EST 2004

--- hershrev <hershbp at realtorsgroup.us> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to make a find field search in a Table
> field (according the
> instructions in the doc.) some how it doesn't work.
> example: I have a closed curser query result list in
> a table field and
> made a search field to search according the text
> entered it should go
> to the correct line and select it.
> For some reason it doesn't work (ignore find , is
> off)
>
> Thanks Hershrev

Hi Herhsrev,

I made a quick test, and it worked for me ; so I guess
something is different between our stacks :-)

My setup :
- field 1 contains the full name of the characters in
the greek alphabet, three per row
- field 2 is where I type my search string
- button 1 has the following script
    on mouseUp
      find field 2 in field 1
      put the foundChunk
    end mouseUp

==> When I type "Delta" in field 2 and click the
button, it displays a square rectangle around the word
"Delta" in the table field, and puts the place where
it found it into the message box.

If you continue to have problems, don't hesitate to
post a sample stack somewhere on the web and notify
the list ; there are plenty of smart people who would
loe to take a look at it :-)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====