Problem with field borderwidth 2

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Dec 30 15:36:00 EST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> I don't see this on OS X or XP with Revolution 2.5.
>
> I should clarify.
>
> I made some fields with 3D turned off and a border of 2.  I set the
> left and right so that I thought they should butt.  They do.
> (snip)
> Maybe you have focusBorder on?
>
> I have vague memory of a border-like thing that grows outward, but I
> forgot what it is.
>
> Dar

Thanks for the response.

Meanwhile I prepared a web page <http://www.sanke.org/RevTestPage> where
you can inspect some screenshots and download a test stack (40 KB zipped).
The test stack was created with Rev 2.5 (engine version - the "version"
- 2.6.2A2).

The problem of suddenly transparent borders of fields (with a
borderwidth of two pixels) does not occur on MacOS, but only on
WindowsXP (I did not test on Windows 98 or 2000). Different settings of
"Focus Border" or "showfocusborder" do not solve the problem.

The four screenshots on "RevTestPage" show:

1. Four adjacent fields with a borderwidth of 2 using Revolution 2.1.2:
The vertical and horizontal "lines" between the fields ar displayed
correctly as they should.

2. Same stack with a borderwidth of 1 using Revolution 2.5: The lines
are displayed correctly.

3. Here you can observe the problem. Same stack using Rev 2.5 and
borderwidth 2. The field borders now are suddenly transparent and the
underlying image can be seen through the transparent borders.

4. Same stack again with a borderwidth of 3: The border lines are there
again.--

I still am interested to know if anybody can see this, too. It would be
hard to believe that the problem/bug only appears on my XP computer - or
only on a few with a similar configuration. But of course everything
could be possible.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>