CGI Failures --lineoffset

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 30 14:38:47 EST 2004

harumph... I had left a line uncommented and was generating the build
number! (1)

OK, Ken's simple solution:

set the linedelimiter to numToChar(13)

does work..

Still there is a mystery here. I'm getting char(13) as a line ending in
that file whether I save in BBEdit with Unix Line ends or Mac Line
ends, and if I save it with Unix Line endings and load the file with

put url "binfile:some file"

  I *still* get char(13) as line endings...

So, unless there was some subtle upgrade to dealing with line endings
on a mac, between engine 2.5 and 2.6.1, this is looking now like a Mac
OSX or BBEdit issue...

Well, at least I was able to proceed, and now have a functional
"mod_rev_include"  that will handle any:

<!--#include virtual="/ssi/foo_include_chunk.html" -->

it finds in the templates loaded by CGI's (smile)

  I'll have to futz with this a bit when i check it in to the linux
box... most likely we won't need that line at all--Interarchy seems to
be solid about translating uploads to char(10)

case closed for now.

Thanks
Sivakatirswami