more SQL problems

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Dec 29 12:02:28 EST 2004

On Dec 29, 2004, at 8:09 AM, docmann wrote:
> RevButton Named "Search"
> on mouseUp
>   put field "CurrSQL" into tSQLStringPartOne
>   put field "mySearch" into tSQLStringPartTwo
>   put tSQLStringPartOne & " " & tSQLStringPartTwo into tSQLQuery
>
>   get revDataFromQuery(,,dbID,tSQLQuery,"tMyResults")
>
> end mouseUp

Are you sure that your tSQLQuery is a valid sql query that is properly
quoted?  From the code you posted it looks like you aren't quoting the
city name.  The query should look something like this using MySQL:

SELECT * FROM quickref WHERE City = 'Portland'

Also, I don't know that you want to quote the "tMyResults".  It may not
matter (I haven't used revDataFromQuery) but you should leave the
quotes off.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia