Dealing with empty groups...

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Wed Dec 29 09:24:35 EST 2004

But, using a group as a building block for a more complex object, it
would be useful if there was a setting that allowed them to be accessed
like other objects. Also, empty groups shouldn't trap mouseclicks. The
suggested workarounds will work fine, of course - it is more just a
matter of convenience.

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Jeanne A.
E. DeVoto
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 7:14 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: Dealing with empty groups...

At 10:04 AM -0800 12/28/04, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>Groups are containers for controls, but are not controls themselves.
>The messages you see passed to the group are generated by events on
>the controls.

This is not quite correct - groups are controls. (Expressions like
"the name of control 3" treat groups as controls, for example.) But
they don't receive mouse messages directly.

I think this makes some conceptual sense - although it's confusing -
because groups aren't user-interface objects in and of themselves. As
containers for other objects, they're more abstract.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com