Passing Click from Image to Field?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 29 01:03:12 EST 2004

On 12/28/04 4:26 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>

>>This will calculate a line number based on the click location
>

> Dude, you rule.  Your function with bit of modification works:
>
> on mouseUp
>   put clickToLine(tFldNum)
> end mouseUp
>
> function clickToLine tFldNum
>   put item 2 of the rect of fld tFldNum into T
>   put the effective textHeight of fld tFldNum into H
>   put (the scroll of fld tFldNum) div \
>       (the effective textHeight of fld tFldNum) into S
>   return (the clickV - T) div H + 1 + S
> end clickToLine

Sorry, I meant to account for the scroll but forgot to add it to my
function. An even shorter way to do this is to just subtract the scroll
from the top before figuring out the line number. And come to think of
it, we don't need to use "item 2 of the rect" of the field, we can just
use the "top":

function clickToLine tFldNum
    put the top of fld tFldNum - the scroll of fld tFldNum into T
    put the effective textHeight of fld tFldNum into H
    return (the clickV - T) div H + 1
  end clickToLine

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com