Geometry

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Dec 28 20:26:20 EST 2004

Mark Smith wrote:

> Can some kind soul point out where I can get any information of any
> kind at all about using the geometry manager?
> I've had a go... I set the relationships between controls on a card,
> saved, resized the window.....nothing happened.....

Did you set relationships only between controls ?
or did you make some of them relate to the right/bottom window edge(s) ?

> I have searched the online docs, and the printed docs, which hint at
> the existence of a tutorial....but I've drawn a complete blank.
> The only info that seems to be available is the paid for video
> tutorial from revOnLine.

Try this .....

1. Create a new mainstack
2. Put a single textArea into it
3. drag the bottom, right corner of the field to somewhere near the
bottom, right of the stack window
4. inspect the field
5. choose "Geometry"
6. make sure "Scale" is selected in the top radio-button
7. click on the long cross-hatched bar connecting the "selected object"
to the bottom of the small window within the geometry manager/inspector
window  (it should turn red - if not, click again and it will cycle
through   black x-hatch -> solid red -> wiggly red -> black x-hatched ...)
8 click on the similar long bar attaching it to the right - until it is
solid red also.
9. close the inspector window
10. resize the stack window .... and the field should resize along with it

if that works - carry on from there
if not - then I probably missed out something that just happened to be
ok on my system ....

-- Alex.