Dealing with empty groups...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Dec 28 12:34:42 EST 2004

On 12/28/04 10:57 AM, "Lynch, Jonathan" <BNZ2 at CDC.GOV> wrote:

> The empty group acts as a page. If I have an invisible object across the
> whole page in there, then when other objects on that page are sent to
> the bottom layer of that page, they will be under the invisible button.
> I can see that causing various problems.
>
> As long as the group is not empty - then having a script in the card
> script that says...
>
> On mouseup
>    If the mouseloc is within the rect of group "Page Content 1" then
>       (do whatever it is that needs to be done when selecting the page)
>    End if
> End mouseup
>
> Seems to work fine.

Sorry, but I thought you said that the empty group *wasn't* passing the
mouseUp message to the card:

>> It seems that an empty group will neither accept a mouseup message,
>> nor allow that mouseup message to be passed to the card.

If it *does* pass it to the card, then you've got your solution above. If
not, the transparent object can be sent to the bottom after you've sent
other objects to the bottom (make it part of your "send to bottom layer"
code), so it remains "bottom-most". However, whatever works for you...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com