Example stack (storing external data)

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 08:24:09 EST 2004

Though there have been many discussions around "how to store data"
from a standalone application I have never found an example stack.

I want to create a small application which contains several cards. On
each card the user can build a network using some predefined graphics
and store specific information (custom properties) about each graphic.

For each network map the application will create a new card.

Since you cannot store the information inside the stanalone stack an
external stack (netmap.dat) needs to be maintained.

I am looking for input as how it would best be managed. There is also
the importance that  the netmap.dat file be secure from prying eyes
(not easily readable).

Again, I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

regards,

Glen