CGI lib for Rev

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Dec 25 21:41:00 EST 2004

Paul,

check the cgitutorial link, you'll be amazed with what you can do. Also
check my CGI-Tool palette http://www.soapdog.org/rev/cgitool.rev which
is a simple palette that will help you to upload and chmod all your
files to the server, it works like a distribution builder for CGI's.
Also knowing your chmods is a security issue and very important. The
pallete will help uploading and setting perms for your cgis and for the
libcgi itself.

Have fun
andre

On Dec 25, 2004, at 3:59 PM, Paul Salyers wrote:

> At 11:57 AM 12/25/2004, you wrote:
>> You prefer PHP? Not for long if you already know Revolution. I can
>> imagine you prefer PHP above Perl CGI, but Perl is by far not the
>> only programming language you can use. It can also be written in
>> Rev's own language!
>>
>> You should take a look at Jacqueline's great tutorial at
>> http://www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/index.html
>>
>> There are dozens of satisfied users of this CGI lib. And I am one of
>> them. I made two content management systems based on CGI lib.
>>
>> Terry
>

> I'll look into it, but the reason I like PHP is because PHP is easy to
> set up and there is almost no cgi-bin folder to mess with no chmod.
> Also will Rev cgi use mysql? That is very important.
>
> Paul Salyers
> PS1 - Senior Rep.
> PS1 at softseven.org
> (918) 465-7426 -- Cell