Adventure Games with Revolution?

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Sat Dec 25 12:38:04 EST 2004

> Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
>
> >My students create games every quarter
>
> Wow! A whole class making Creative Multimedia!!!
>
> Could you publish some of these works of
> your students?

Am working on putting my curriculum together into a book, and
will include student work.  It's pretty impressive, considering
these guys are in 8thy grade and only have one quarter (about 12
weeks) to learn Rev.

> Did you check the stack Metatalk Programming
> course created by Scott Raney?
> This is an excellent example of courseware
> made in this platform.
Will do.  Thanks for the pointer.

> I feel compelled to ask, but is the University
> of Chicago managing high schools too?
Ummm....we're an N-12 school, founded by John Dewey
over a century ago to explore new methods of
teaching.  We're more independent from the University
than we used to be, but were never "managed" by
them in the modern sense.  We're less exploratory
and more college prep than in days gone by, but
still do some fun things with curriculum.
www.ucls.uchicago.edu if you're interested.

cheers,
  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools