Adventure Games with Revolution

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Dec 24 19:39:02 EST 2004

Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> I hope that you are recovering fine from
> your broken arm! :-|
>
> Andre Garzia wrote:
>

>>Holy God! I just checked the URL!!!!!
>>This is wonderfull, I am buying
>>the CDs right now, that reminds me of Myst....
>

> I think alike! :-)
> But i'm curious about the name.
>
> Is Alida the daughter, the wife or the mother
> of the author? ;-)
>
> Richard, when you interview the author of
> the game, Could you ask him about the
> name's origin?

It's the name of the band.

 From his site at <http://www.alidagame.com/aboutAlida.html#overview>:

What is Alida about?

Alida is a point and click interactive graphical adventure game. The
story centres around four young men in the band Alida that attained
phenomenal success with their first CD release. Loads of money coupled
with wild imagination resulted in construction of "Alida" - the theme park.

It's an unusual place - a giant guitar 330 metres long!

But these guys didn't stop there - the guitar can actually be played
(assisted by machinery);
the internal workings of the guitar can be accessed and manipulated
(machine heads, switch, pots etc..)

As Alida was nearing completion things got complicated, their popularity
was waning and money stopped coming in. Distrust set in. Each of the
band members claimed different areas of Alida for themselves where they
devised weird and elaborate systems to protect their wealth. They
retracted from each other finally leaving Alida uninhabited.
Fifteen years later one of the guys is missing on Alida...

Five years in the making, the Alida world will captivate you with
meticulous graphics, unique locations, intriguing puzzles, bizarre
transportation machines, ornate objects, electronic imagery, tactile
contraptions, massive constructions, animated natural elements and
original music score.

  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation