Using Md5Digest on stacks loaded in memory

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Dec 24 19:09:14 EST 2004

On Dec 24, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> I could verify the md5digest of a stack stored
> in the hard disk with the following code:

Good idea.

> and could verify the md5digest of a file stored
> as a custom property with the following code:

I do this.  Good idea.

> But, How could i get the md5Digest of a
> stack loaded in memory?

I don't know if you can relate a stack in memory to an md5Digest
created for a binary file.

You might be able to create an md5Digest of selected properties.
However, if I modified one of your stacks, I might modify it to
generate the "md5" hex code of itself that it got before.  It's like
asking a person if he is a liar.

Maybe you can create a small stack or plugin whose sole purpose is to
create the md5Digest of stacks and related files.  You can distribute
this in person or find some other way to distribute it that you are
comfortable with.  For some systems you might give the recipient by
another channel instructions using system utilities.

Dar