Unicode control pictures on OS X?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Dec 24 01:12:08 EST 2004

On Dec 23, 2004, at 9:05 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

>> I thought I had used Unicode control pictures (U+2400 up) on OS X,
>> but now they don't work.  All I get is a box with ctl in it.  Was
>> there a change in Revolution, fonts, me or OS X that changed this?  I
>> get this with every font!
>
> I'm using OS X 10.3.7 and Revolution 2.5.  A control picture is an
> image representing a control character such as the ASCII control
> characters.  For example, numToChar(0x240A) is normally an staggered
> LF.

I don't think this is a Revolution problem.  I used both Font Checker
and Font Explorer and didn't find any fonts with control pictures.  So
either I'm losing my marbles or something happened when I upgraded from
10.2 to 10.3.  I remember the glyphs were very ugly, so maybe they were
yanked from the font I was using.

Dar