Script local variables and initialization.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Dec 23 15:42:57 EST 2004

I think I've discovered something, but if possible I'd like it to be
confirmed (or alternatively, to know that I'm wrong, and then I can go
back to debugging).

I have some script local variables, used in multiple handlers within the
card script. I expected them to be reset at start up, and to retain
their values from then on - but it appears that they are in fact reset
before openCard.

(i.e. I call one of the handlers within the card script from
preOpenStack, that sets an initial value, but that value appears to be
lost.  I know it's probably a bad idea to call a card handler from
preOpenStack, and I'll be changing that anyway - but it would be
reassuring to know that this unconfirmed theory is correct.)

The docs are a bit vague

> The value of a script local variable is retained between handlers, but
> is lost when you quit the application, when you close the stack
> (unless its destroyStack property is false), or when the script is
> re-compiled.

which doesn't really mention start-up conditions.

Thanks
-- Alex.