DreamCard Review-PCPLUS

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Wed Dec 22 17:57:58 EST 2004

So - there are obviously VB to rev converts - are there any Rev to VB
converts?

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Gordon
Webster
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 5:55 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: DreamCard Review-PCPLUS

I have used both VB and rev and while they both
effectively do the same thing, I have to say that VB
is rather gray and uninspiring by comparison.

I find that the so called "cosmetic details" of a
language or a development platform are in reality way
more than merely cosmetic - it's like a car you drive
every day wherein even the little things that niggle
can eventually make your life miserable - you want the
controls on the dash to look great and be easy on the
eye and the doors to shut easily with a nice solid
clunk, the steering wheel to feel good in your hands
as you're zooming effortlessly along etc. etc. VB may
have been some hot s**t in its day, but now it justs
reminds me of my old Fiat.

We should concede them a minor point about the rev
documentation though. Yes, all the info is there -
somewhere - but it's arranged more like a jigsaw
puzzle than a book and when I'm trying to learn a new
programming language, a book is a whole lot easier.

All that said, IMHO rev wins hand down!

Gordon